In this episode, we talk with Randy Greene who is with Church of the Resurrection a 20,000 plus member church. We discuss the brand of this Methodist Church and what has caused them to grow to such a large size. The main reason for the growth of the church has been their sincerity in serving the community, which resulted in building a positive perception in their city.
Subscribe to this blog
• Church of the Resurrection is a large church with a brand that is very hands–on in the community
• Facilities are meant to engage the community around the church
• People are encouraged to go out and do ministry in the city
• This church has over 20,000 members with 4 campuses
• Randy breaks down the vision of the church so we can understand how the church has grown
• Randy is one year into his job of running digital marketing for the church
• The new website is being designed with the main goal of drawing in non-religious people as the main goal
• Events on the new site will be easy to share so members can push information
• Randy credits the attraction of the church to how they engage with the community
• This church is working on improving their digital marketing
• The church is good at rallying their members to do community projects
• A brand is what people think about you; a logo and website is a part of a brand
• Strong church brands are genuine to the vision of the church
• This church’s brand is built on a genuine service to the community that started in the beginning
• Randy was hired a year ago to build a strong digital brand for the church
• The church has focused on doing high quality video work and print promotions
• Randy recommends your marketing start by engaging with the community in real life
• We created 4 pieces to get New Tribe started with promotions: logo, video, brochure, website
• The preparation to communicate the vision is an act of worship
• The Bible talks about Moses getting help from an artisan to help him establish a good representation of God with the tabernacle
• God is intentional about how he communicates and uses symbolism, we should too
We hope this episode inspired you and encouraged you in creating an awesome brand and creative media for your church. If you loved it, share it!
We love getting feedback, so let us know what you thought by rating and giving a quick review on Itunes.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Church Brand Guide Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.