In this episode we talk about how a church can produce helpful content beyond sermons to serve those they are trying to reach. Michelle Gines is a book publisher and she unpacks the publishing process. Churches can produce helpful content in various ways including ebooks, videos, and in emails which can grow their audience beyond the walls of the church.
• Book publishing is a great way to build a strong brand for a church
• When pastors to out to speak they are able to provide much more information about a topic by having a book
• Michelle talks about how pastors can turn their sermons into books
• There are several ways to provide books: print, digital and audio
• Michelle shares about audible.com and how she uses it to consume a great number of books
• Books allow people to have a more indent connection with the message
• Promoting a books is something that the author has to take personally and work on themselves
• You can record your book on an audio recorder then have the manuscript typed out
• The first step to writing a book is decide what you are going to write about
• The second step is to get all your information together
• You must decide what you want people to get out the book once they finish so you have an end goal
• A blog is a good way to help you get your book written while getting feedback on what is resonating
• A good editor is the key to producing a good book
We hope this episode inspired you and encouraged you in creating an awesome brand and creative media for your church. If you loved it, share it!
We love getting feedback, so let us know what you thought by rating and giving a quick review on Itunes.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Church Brand Guide Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.