In this episode, we discuss how a church can build a culture that retains people by cultivating relationships and creating great experiences. Jonathan Hardy shares ideas about what a church can do to retain people based on his experience on church staff and as a church consultant with the Hardy Group. Churches should focus on cultivating relationships and on creating great experiences in order to retain guests.
Large churches and small churches have a “back door” problem to retain people
• Pastors all over the country have a “back door” issue happening
• Churches must focus on retaining guests while being mindful of taking care of those who are there
• The goal for your church should be to shrink the back door as much as possible
• 2 big ideas: allow relationships to build and create a great experiences for new guests
• The number one reason why people leave a church is because they have not connected
• Survey guests and ask them why they like the church and why they are choosing to come back
• Most people come back to churches when it is friendly and when they feel they can belong
• Churches need to create “wow” experiences based on their vision
• “Wow” happen with planning based on the brand of your church
• Experiences start taking place online first
• Create a culture of thoughtfulness toward guests
• Disney is a good example of a company that provides a “wow” factor
• Churches can get caught up in what they do to the point where they forget about people
• Retaining people starts with having the DNA to serve well which starts with leadership
• Hospitality should be a main area of devotion for a church
We hope this episode inspired you and encouraged you in creating an awesome brand and creative media for your church. If you loved it, share it!
We love getting feedback, so let us know what you thought by rating and giving a quick review on Itunes.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Church Brand Guide Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.