In this second part of our discussion on marketing, Ryan Wakefield shares practical insights into what churches can do to be effective in getting the attention of their community. He talks about Facebook, Google searches, emails, surveys and shares some churches to watch when it comes to marketing.
- Every church needs a marketing system to provide goals that are able to create lasting effectiveness
- Church Marketing University is a course Ryan is putting together to serve churches with marketing knowledge and tactics
You need to get your branding in place before starting with your marketing; get your story together
Use a survey to track what is actually working in reaching people
Survey: checkbox everything that influenced you to come to the church; its a series of things that makes an impact
Most effective ways to reach people:
- Friend and inviting is one of the most effective ways to invite people
- Website is the second most effective tool for reaching people
- Facebook is very effective even today
- Google search allows people to find your church in your city
- Outdoor signs and flags
- Invite cards
- How is the friendliness of the church
- How would you rate the message
- Would you recommend the church to a friend
- Would you come back to this church
- Are you interested in attending a membership class
- Surveys show people that you care
- What you don’t track you can’t manage
- God can use data to open your eyes to see things and make adjustments
- Build relationships don’t seek a transaction when you market your church
- New Spring Church
- Summit Park Church
- Red Rocks Church
- Marysville Christian Fellowship
- Rock Hills Church
- iTown Church
- Charity Water
We have new content up every week. To stay up to date listen and subscribe on Itunes to get all you need to know on branding and media for your church.
We hope this episode inspired you and encouraged you in creating an awesome brand and creative media for your church. If you loved it, share it!
We love getting feedback, so let us know what you thought by rating and giving a quick review on Itunes.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Church Brand Guide Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.