Listen to the Podcast Episode
A great brand is built by asking great questions. I have a list of 20 questions that I ask my new clients to help me get up to speed with their current brand and the vision they have for the future.
Once I have these answers, I can choose the right colors, fonts, and graphic treatments that represent the vision and then create a visual identity that aligns with the vision.
This alignment builds a high level of trust in the brand that compels people to take their next steps with the church.
- What is your mission (what do you ask people to do)?
- What is your purpose (why do you do what you do)?
- What is your vision (what do you as an organization hope to create in the future)?
- What values and beliefs unify your staff and volunteers and drive their performance?
- What is the result you have for someone that attends your church?
- What are the steps you have to get them to that result?
- Who are you good at reaching where they feel like the church was made just for them?
- What does your church do better than anyone else (church or non-churches)?
- What values guide your organization and decision-making (values)?
- List all the programs that allow you to do ministry.
- Why does your church exist?
- What are some words that describe the personality of your church?
- If you could do or be anything in the future, what would it be?
- Why would someone who is unchurched want to attend your church?
- If you could communicate a single message about your church, what would it be?
- What do you celebrate as a church?
- What are the potential barriers to your success?
- What other churches do you admire most and why?
- What non-church brands do you admire most and why?
- How do you market your church?
Everlasting Life Church Branding Story.
Everlasting Life Church was started with the heart of serving people who want to live a life of purpose. The pastor is a decorated military veteran who has a passion for introducing people to Jesus.
The approach is to love people well by meeting their physical needs and introducing them to the gospel message. They are serving both English and Spanish-speaking people in South Florida.
The church is a place where people are inspired to mobilize around the community and the world to share God’s love.
The logo’s design and brand elements symbolize connection and a place of rest. We researched hotel branding for inspiration for the logo design and the color choices.
The result is a brand that aligns with the church’s approach to ministry and carries the DNA of the culture they want to create.
Everlasting Life Church Branding
Here are the values of the church that we used as a guide for the brand design.
- We love God. Jesus called loving God the greatest commandment, and we believe it’s the greatest thing we can do in life and the reason for our existence.
- We love people. We believe in you! We believe to love people as ourselves is Jesus’ command. We love language, culture – and everything about people!
- We love the Bible. We believe that the Bible is literally the most amazing book and story ever written. It is inerrant and an absolute treasure.
- Excellence is our spirit. We do the best with what we have. We’re on time, engaged, and prepared. We don’t do things halfway. If we’re going to do it, it’s to the best of our ability.
- We dream big. This church was birthed out of a dream. We believe that God dreams and has amazing things in store for you! We believe in your dreams! We want to see God do amazing things in your life! We will launch churches and ministries and send missionaries to the world. Through this, we will be blessed.
- Generosity is our privilege. We are generous with our time, talents, love, and treasure. God has given richly to us, it’s our honor to give back to him.
- Service is our identity. We believe the greatest leadership is service to others. Every leader is a servant first. From the parking lot to the pulpit, everyone serves. Every role is different, but they are all important. We honor our servant leaders!
- We believe in joy! In our experience, God is very upbeat, optimistic, and forward-oriented. God is loving, kind, and merciful and fills our lives with joy! We do things in an abundance of positivity!
Book A Call
Get on a call with Michael to learn about the branding process and to ask questions. We specialize in building church websites, logos, and developing your brand strategy to get people to join the church.
More Case Studies
Listen to the Podcast Episode In this post, we will look at what makes for a great logo design, and then we will look at the example of the logo I created for Calvary Church. Problem What is your logo saying about you? People judge a book by its cover, and your logo...
Pastor Billy Register's Story of Rebranding True Life Church From First Assemblies of Clay CountySince rebranding, True Life Church is seeing a great deal of momentum moving them toward growth. More people are attending the church on a regular basis and joining the...
Pastor Brandon Sereg: ReviewLogo DesignChurch Brand Guide developed a brand for Vibrant Church that raised over $450,000 before launch day. Church planters struggle to get past their first year of existence because they cannot build the church fast enough to sustain...
Pastor Clint Sprague: ReviewWe rebranded LifeMission Church through a name change to help them cut through the noise in their city. Over the next several years, the church grew by 13% to see record attendance, salvations, and giving. People need what LifeMission has...
Watch The Rebranding StoryLogo DesignHOPE's House has been around for about 20 years, and they realized the branding that got them where they are was not going to take them where they wanted to go next. They needed a website that would elevate them online to reach...
Podcast VideoGreat brands reach people where they are and invite them in. Dain Jepson is the executive pastor of Montgomery Community Church, and he joins us to discuss how they are creating a brand to reach people as the dust settles on the pandemic. Dain gives...