Listen to the Podcast Episode
A great brand is built by asking great questions. I have a list of 20 questions that I ask my new clients to help me get up to speed with their current brand and the vision they have for the future.
Once I have these answers, I can choose the right colors, fonts, and graphic treatments that represent the vision and then create a visual identity that aligns with the vision.
This alignment builds a high level of trust in the brand that compels people to take their next steps with the church.
- What is your mission (what do you ask people to do)?
- What is your purpose (why do you do what you do)?
- What is your vision (what do you as an organization hope to create in the future)?
- What values and beliefs unify your staff and volunteers and drive their performance?
- What is the result you have for someone that attends your church?
- What are the steps you have to get them to that result?
- Who are you good at reaching where they feel like the church was made just for them?
- What does your church do better than anyone else (church or non-churches)?
- What values guide your organization and decision-making (values)?
- List all the programs that allow you to do ministry.
- Why does your church exist?
- What are some words that describe the personality of your church?
- If you could do or be anything in the future, what would it be?
- Why would someone who is unchurched want to attend your church?
- If you could communicate a single message about your church, what would it be?
- What do you celebrate as a church?
- What are the potential barriers to your success?
- What other churches do you admire most and why?
- What non-church brands do you admire most and why?
- How do you market your church?
Everlasting Life Church Branding Story.
Everlasting Life Church was started with the heart of serving people who want to live a life of purpose. The pastor is a decorated military veteran who has a passion for introducing people to Jesus.
The approach is to love people well by meeting their physical needs and introducing them to the gospel message. They are serving both English and Spanish-speaking people in South Florida.
The church is a place where people are inspired to mobilize around the community and the world to share God’s love.
The logo’s design and brand elements symbolize connection and a place of rest. We researched hotel branding for inspiration for the logo design and the color choices.
The result is a brand that aligns with the church’s approach to ministry and carries the DNA of the culture they want to create.
Everlasting Life Church Branding
Here are the values of the church that we used as a guide for the brand design.
- We love God. Jesus called loving God the greatest commandment, and we believe it’s the greatest thing we can do in life and the reason for our existence.
- We love people. We believe in you! We believe to love people as ourselves is Jesus’ command. We love language, culture – and everything about people!
- We love the Bible. We believe that the Bible is literally the most amazing book and story ever written. It is inerrant and an absolute treasure.
- Excellence is our spirit. We do the best with what we have. We’re on time, engaged, and prepared. We don’t do things halfway. If we’re going to do it, it’s to the best of our ability.
- We dream big. This church was birthed out of a dream. We believe that God dreams and has amazing things in store for you! We believe in your dreams! We want to see God do amazing things in your life! We will launch churches and ministries and send missionaries to the world. Through this, we will be blessed.
- Generosity is our privilege. We are generous with our time, talents, love, and treasure. God has given richly to us, it’s our honor to give back to him.
- Service is our identity. We believe the greatest leadership is service to others. Every leader is a servant first. From the parking lot to the pulpit, everyone serves. Every role is different, but they are all important. We honor our servant leaders!
- We believe in joy! In our experience, God is very upbeat, optimistic, and forward-oriented. God is loving, kind, and merciful and fills our lives with joy! We do things in an abundance of positivity!
Book A Call
Get on a call with Michael to learn about the branding process and to ask questions. We specialize in building church websites, logos, and developing your brand strategy to get people to join the church.
More Podcast Episodes
Secrets revealed: Increase attendance at your church’s events with these effective promotional strategies!
Video of Promotion PackageChurch Growth: 500 Ceiling Buster Package We have a special offer to help you get a church website that will help you go from where you are now in weekly attendance to breaking 500. Plus you'll get graphic designs to promote your critical...
Tutorial VideoSee the Church Growth: 500 Ceiling Buster Package We have a special offer to help you get a church website that will help you go from where you are now in weekly attendance to breaking 500. Plus you'll get graphic designs to promote your critical areas...
Story of Vertical Church's Website MakeoverHow we transformed this church's brochure website into an engaging online ministry hub What is Vertical Church? Vertical Church is located in Sunrise, Florida and it is part of the ARC network of churches. They have been...
In the digital age, where visuals often speak louder than words, the importance of a vibrant and carefully curated photo library cannot be overstated.
Watch the Story of Trinity's RebrandHow to Create a Consistent Church Brand Across All Platforms: Trinity Temple's Transformation Story What is Trinity Temple? Trinity Temple is a church in Grandview, Missouri, just outside of Kansas City. They have been around for...
Watch how what we did to brand River Lights of WonderWhat is River Lights of Wonder? Rivers Lights of Wonder is an anual event put on by Riverside Church to bless their community by providing a light show for families to drive through in the month of December. There...