Adam McLaughlin joins us to talk about how churches can implement branding, marketing, and advertising to grow the number of people they are able to reach. Adam tells us what specific tactics can look like in your church as you communicate your vision to the community. We discuss methods of reaching people that happen before the service even starts.
• Churches must find their target audience
• Jesus identified his target as the Jews while he was on Earth to build a team to then reach the rest of the world
• Evaluate who you are as a church as the starting point to reaching more people
• 2 ways to determine your demographic 1. pick your audience 2. choose who you want to be
• You must evaluate who God wants your church to be
• Branding is your core values
• Marketing is how people experience your core values
• Advertising is the messaging that communicates your core values
• Consistency builds trust when your branding, marketing and advertising line up
• Trust is the glue that gives people confidence in what you say is who you are
• Most people check out your website and social media before they come to the church
• Churches must be accurate in depicting who they are or people will be disappointed when they come
• Signage is important to help people feel welcome by helping them to get around the building
• Bulletins are something churches should experiment with to see what works best for them
• The decor of the facility should reflect the values of the church and communicate vision
• Information centers are a key way to communicate to guests
• Most of what communicates first is outside of the service experience
• The church’s brand is a filter for decisions to be made of what the experience is for guests
• The core values of the church should be a part of regular conversations that take place
• Adam’s church releases an email newsletter that tells stories of the core values in action
• One announcement every week points to a core value
We have new content up every week. To stay up to date listen and subscribe on Itunes to get all you need to know on branding and media for your church.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Church Brand Guide Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.