In this episode we discuss what every communications leader needs to do in order to be successful in growing the church. Michael unpacks what his agency does when coming into a new church environment to help them define their brand and work toward clear communication in their marketing. This allows the church to do the right things and say no to things which are not in alignment with the vision.
Subscribe to this blog
The purpose of a strategy discovery process allows us to partner with a church to help them grow. A potential problem is being asked to promote the wrong thing, which could waste church resources.
If this occurs, we could be directing people to the weakest areas of the church instead of the strongest.
As a solution, we can promote the right things based on what really matters both in the moment and long term. We are able to serve the church well because we have a strong understanding of the history and future direction.
We can use our expertise to guide the church leadership, allowing them to focus on what they are good at: ministry.
Here’s what to do to be successful in growing your church:
- Describe the process. Take a look around continually; always evaluate and make it better.
- Make a turning point profile. Discover the history leading up to the present.
- Focus on your primary audience and their values. Discover who you are good at reaching and what they value.
- Have a clear mission statement. Provide clarity so others can support the ministry.
- Understand your ministry life cycle. Figure out what ministries are healthy and should be promoted; discover what to work on.
- Create a ministry dashboard. Identify what makes the church/ministry succeed and, as a result, what needs to be promoted and protected.
- Lead with the Why. Communicate by leading with the why (answer: what’s in it for me).
We hope this episode inspired you and encouraged you in creating an awesome brand and creative media for your church. If you loved it, share it!
We love getting feedback, so let us know what you thought by rating and giving a quick review on Itunes.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Church Brand Guide Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.