Listen to the Podcast Episode
A logo is an icon that represents what your church stands for. It is the first thing people see of your brand, and it needs to be appropriately designed for them.
The logo is a cornerstone of the church’s brand, and you must invest in a great, sticky design to cut through the noise. In this episode, we unpack how your church can be sure it has the right logo.
- The logo is the first thing people see of your church brand.
- People identify your church based on your logo.
- Too many churches have a logo that is outdated.
- Some churches make the mistake of changing their logo too often.
- The logo becomes an emotional connection for people to the organization.
- The symbol represents the entire brand; the logo is an icon for your church.
- A good church logo should represent the love of God over time.
- The logo needs to be simple in the design, so it is sticky; the more complicated the design, the less sticky it is.
- There are many symbols in our faith that can be considered a logo; the cross and the fish.
- The logo design process starts by understanding the brand of the church.
- Church logos fall into 3 categories: classic, modern, and trendy.
- Don’t make the mistake of designing a logo for yourself; design it for your audience.
- Every design element has a meaning and conveys a message.
- Get a logo that is created as a vector not pixel based.
- The logo becomes an icon for what you stand for.
- The design needs to work on all kinds of media.
- Invest in getting the right logo design from a design expert.
- Base your design on the audience you are pursuing.
Book A Call
Get on a call with Michael to learn about the branding process and to ask questions. We specialize in building church websites, logos, and developing your brand strategy to get people to join the church.
More Podcast Episodes
Listen to the Podcast Episode The church website should be the top evangelism outreach tool for your church. The question is, are you getting it right? Here are three tips of the many tips that we discuss in the episodes that will help you right away: Do you have a...
Listen to the Podcast Episode Churches are typically behind in using new tools for reaching an audience. Don't be like most churches. Denis Estimon is our guest, and he shares the most effective tool your church can use right now to reach people: Instagram Reels. The...
While serving on a church staff in communications, Denis realized he could reach many people through “digital outreach.” He was able to cut through the noise to grow the church.
Listen to the Podcast Episode I think you would agree with me that the local church is the most impactful thing a person can be part of. It can transform someone's life so they live a better story. When a person feels hopeless, the church fills them with hope. When...
Listen to the Podcast Episode Do the events at your church create growth? You can leverage events to grow the church, just like we help Cornerstone Church see new families join the church every month. The key is to think about building your brand instead of just...
Listen to the Podcast Episode In this post, we will look at what makes for a great logo design, and then we will look at the example of the logo I created for Calvary Church. Problem What is your logo saying about you? People judge a book by its cover, and your logo...