Listen to the Podcast Episode
A logo is an icon that represents what your church stands for. It is the first thing people see of your brand, and it needs to be appropriately designed for them.
The logo is a cornerstone of the church’s brand, and you must invest in a great, sticky design to cut through the noise. In this episode, we unpack how your church can be sure it has the right logo.
- The logo is the first thing people see of your church brand.
- People identify your church based on your logo.
- Too many churches have a logo that is outdated.
- Some churches make the mistake of changing their logo too often.
- The logo becomes an emotional connection for people to the organization.
- The symbol represents the entire brand; the logo is an icon for your church.
- A good church logo should represent the love of God over time.
- The logo needs to be simple in the design, so it is sticky; the more complicated the design, the less sticky it is.
- There are many symbols in our faith that can be considered a logo; the cross and the fish.
- The logo design process starts by understanding the brand of the church.
- Church logos fall into 3 categories: classic, modern, and trendy.
- Don’t make the mistake of designing a logo for yourself; design it for your audience.
- Every design element has a meaning and conveys a message.
- Get a logo that is created as a vector not pixel based.
- The logo becomes an icon for what you stand for.
- The design needs to work on all kinds of media.
- Invest in getting the right logo design from a design expert.
- Base your design on the audience you are pursuing.
Book A Call
Get on a call with Michael to learn about the branding process and to ask questions. We specialize in building church websites, logos, and developing your brand strategy to get people to join the church.
More Case Studies
Example of a church rebrand for a church rooted in a denomination
Listen to the Podcast Episode I think you would agree with me that the local church is the most impactful thing a person can be part of. It can transform someone's life so they live a better story. When a person feels hopeless, the church fills them with hope. When...
Example of a logo design for a 6-decade old church that wants to reach young families today
Listen to the Podcast Episode In this post, we will look at what makes for a great logo design, and then we will look at the example of the logo I created for Calvary Church. Problem What is your logo saying about you? People judge a book by its cover, and your logo...
Example of a logo design for a growing Assemblies of God Church
Pastor Billy Register's Story of Rebranding True Life Church From First Assemblies of Clay CountySince rebranding, True Life Church is seeing a great deal of momentum moving them toward growth. More people are attending the church on a regular basis and joining the...
Example of a brand designed for a church planter
Pastor Brandon Sereg: ReviewLogo DesignChurch Brand Guide developed a brand for Vibrant Church that raised over $450,000 before launch day. Church planters struggle to get past their first year of existence because they cannot build the church fast enough to sustain...
Inspiration from a church logo design for mission-minded people
Pastor Clint SpragueWe rebranded LifeMission Church through a name change to help them cut through the noise in their city. Over the next several years, the church grew by 13% to see record attendance, salvations, and giving. People need what LifeMission has to offer...
Example of a website rebrand that helps this church reach young families
Watch The Rebranding StoryLogo DesignHOPE's House has been around for about 20 years, and they realized the branding that got them where they are was not going to take them where they wanted to go next. They needed a website that would elevate them online to reach...