Watch The Rebranding Story
A fresh vision needed to be implemented at Legacy Church to take them from where they were to where they needed to be. Pastor John Dunn took over Legacy Church after the previous pastor built it 40 years.
He changed the culture and has seen a growth of over 130% in attendance in 2021. Giving has increased by 300%, and this all happened during the pandemic. This episode will provide you with branding ideas as Pastor John shares his story of church growth.
- John and Michelle took leadership of Legacy Church after they had a long history of leading in ministries in the midwest.
- Legacy was known as Calvary Church under the previous leadership for over 40 years.
- The church leadership pursued a new paster from outside their circle because they had become internally focused.
- John came in with a fresh vision that the church leadership knew it needed.
- Church Brand Guide was referred to John by a pastor friend to help them go through the rebranding process.
- They renamed the church because several churches in the area had the “Calvary” name, so John wanted a new name to separate themselves.
- “Legacy” was chosen to be the new name because they have a vision for a church that reaches three generations.
- Church Brand Guide helped them define their strategy and language to bring people together to rally around the new vision.
- Legacy Church grew significantly in 2021, going from 102 people in January to 360 at their Christmas service in December.
- Legacy decided on the tagline of “Encounter God. Live for More.”
- The church is looking to build a new facility to increase the size of the auditorium and kid’s area.
- The budget went from $380,000 in 2021 to over $1.1 million for the new year.
- Book: God Chasers by Tommy Tenny
- The church gave in a big way in December to help people in the community.
- Contact information for Pastor John Dunn: firstname.lastname@example.org